[Marxism] Creeping Stalinism in Venezuela?

michael a. lebowitz mlebowit at sfu.ca
Wed Oct 3 19:47:07 MDT 2007

Darrel asked:

,
Could you please elaborate on what you mean by a "creeping coup"?  Many of
us are trying to follow events and developments in Venezuela, so you can't
just leave us hanging on that comment! Enlightenment would be much
appreciated.
----
Sorry, Darrel. I guess I'm just being a tease. I can't say that I
have inside or specific knowledge about an impending coup. (If I did,
I would sound the tocsin immediately.) Rather, I was trying to remind
folks, in the midst of concerns about specific measures being
undertaken, about what the principal contradiction is. As it happens,
I do tend to share Muller Rojas' comments about the Disciplinary
Committee (as well as earlier ones he made about 'scorpions' in the military).
         michael

Michael A. Lebowitz

Professor Emeritus

Economics Department

Simon Fraser University

Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Director, Programme in 'Transformative Practice and Human Development'

Centro Internacional Miranda, P.H.

Residencias Anauco Suites, Parque Central, final Av. Bolivar

Caracas, Venezuela

fax: 0212 5768274/0212 5777231

http//:centrointernacionalmiranda.gob.ve

mlebowit at sfu.ca