[Marxism] Lee Sustar on the Democrats and Iran

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 12:22:04 MDT 2007

Sustar's points are all certainly correct, but as a stickler for

accuracy, I have to correct one thing he said before others repeat it:

"Earlier that day, a majority of Senate Democrats supported a measure

sponsored by Sens. John Kyl and Joe Lieberman declaring Iran's

Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization--and calling on the U.S.

government to "combat, contain and roll back the violent activities"

of Iran."

In point of fact, the section about "combat, contain etc." was deleted

from the resolution before it was passed. That didn't (in my opinion)

change its fundamental essence, although some Democrats are actually

bragging about that deletion as a "victory."

Details here:

http://lefti.blogspot.com/2007_09_01_archive.html#5303375988702465966