[Marxism] Indian Communists win the Fight against Indo-US Nuclear Deal?

David Walters dave.walters at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 17:54:44 MDT 2007

Yes, I think the deal is going to die and it is a great victory over the
US's international plans to rope all nations into a one-way nuclear fuel
cartel.

I was thinking that this might actually help the Indian indigenous state
nuclear industry, forcing them to perhaps divert the *military* arms
plutonium and U235 into the civilian sector, given the rather massive
expansion the gov't supposedly is planning....without the US supplying
fuel, I don't see how India can seriously kick-start their nuclear
program without doing this.

The Russians should continue to supply some fuel for the reactors they
have worked with the Indians on.

David