[Marxism] Focus Fusion presentation

Bob Hopson bobhpsn at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 10:58:45 MDT 2007

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1518007279479871760&q=Google+tech+
> talks+lerner&pr=goog-sl>

Thanks for posting this Joachim, this is fascinating.
I've read about some of the other alternate approaches
like Bussard's, but this  seems almost too good to be
true.  Given that the U.S., Europe and Japan seems
committed to the large-scale approaches of tokamaks or
laser implosion (and the latter seems to tie in with
DoD research into weaponizing lasers), it would be
nice if a country like Venezuela would put up the
money for the research.

Your comments about a dialectical approach to physics
remind me of being in college and studying dialectics
on my own, and being struck by how much more sense
some of the concepts in my physics classes made when
put in this context.  It occurred to me at the time
that a basic philosophy course for science students
that introduced dialects would help a lot, but the
only book I've seen along these lines is called
"Dialectical  Materialism" by Ira Gollobin.  Probably
there are better texts, but I found that rather
helpful.