[Marxism] Nuclear Deal With India May Be Near Collapse

Marla Vijaya kumar marlavk at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 08:31:52 MDT 2007

Walter,

        Thank you for the article from Washington Post.

According to R. Nicholas Burns, undersecretary of state for political affairs the deal is "perhaps the single most important initiative

that India and the United States have agreed to in the 60 years of

our relationship."
And the deal was "what hadbeen billed as one of the Bush administration's biggest foreignpolicy achievements."

And Indian Communists are able to dump it in to the dust bin of history. Well, I feel we Indian Communists have every reason to celebrate!

There is lots of grumbling and sneezing in the big-biz press about how the communists were able to “black-mail democracy”!!!

They still hope that one day they can throw out communists from the parliament and go ahead with the deal. Wishful thinking, but in a democracy, they are free to entertain such dreams.  But, it is perhaps for the first time that the capitalists in India have realized the true import of running a bourgeoisie government with communist support. And it is also the first time that the US administration has realized that there are communists in India and they can thwart their global plans.

Vijaya Kumar Marla