[Marxism] James Watson: Africans are less intelligent thanWesterners

David Picón Álvarez david at miradoiro.com
Wed Oct 17 06:32:42 MDT 2007

I think this kind of issues present a serious problem. It's clear that there
is a lot of rationalization and what amounts to scientific racism going on.
That said, we also have to consider that there are certain unavoidable
facts:
1. There is intelligence variability.
2. Part of intelligence is inheritable.
3. Intelligence correlates very significantly with all sorts of things.
4. It appears that there are significant differences in the average
intelligence of different racial groups, which does not a priori imply
racial superiority or the opposite.
5. While some of these differences are quite likely environmental, probably
not all of them are.

What political implications (if any) result from a normal distribution of
intelligence, which necessarily implies sharp intelligence differentials, is
a question that I am not able to answer, and which I find somewhat worrying.

--David.