[Marxism] replying to Digests

Les Schaffer schaffer at optonline.net
Sun Oct 21 11:10:20 MDT 2007

Haines Brown wrote:
> I hope the MIME form incldes the proper MIME header. Not all mail
> readers know what to do with a MIME'd content if not told that it
> exists.
>
> That is, the MIME'd portion of the mail message should have a header
> something like this:

the messages are indeed appropriately formatted, its just difficult to
get mail apps to handle the digests sanely. the only one i have used
that is top shelf is xemacs, a lisp-based editor for programmers, and so
not suitable for the average user. Pegasus is ok. Even Thunderbird
doesnt handle them well, though better than Outlook. one of these days
when i have lots of surplus time, i should write an extension for
Thunderbird that makes a digest a virtual folder, allowing mesages to be
transparently handled one by one. but to quote John Wayne: "that'll be
the day"

on the other hand, if you know how to filter messages into individual
folders, your better bet is to subscribe normally, and simply look at
your marxmail folder only wen you want to read a batch of messages.

Les

p.s. here's the structure of our digests, if MIME enabled:

--Boundary_(ID_EWgtruqduF9kggYWCcD1aw)

--Boundary_(ID_+8XxH5fAeO3RJU3rfGdyYA)