[Marxism] Fidel Castro: Bush, Hunger and Death

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 23 08:17:31 MDT 2007

Reflections by the Commander in Chief

BUSH, HUNGER AND DEATH

For the first time, just before the UN discusses, as it does every
year, the project of the Cuban resolution condemning the blockade,
the President of the United States announces that he will adopt new
measures to accelerate the "transition period" in our country,
equivalent to a new conquest of Cuba by force.

On the other hand, the danger of a massive world famine is aggravated
by Mr. Bush’s recent initiative to transform foods into fuel while,
calling on strategic security principles, he threatens humanity with
World War III, this time using atomic weapons.

Such crucially important issues are the ones attracting the attention
of the representatives of the countries that will be meeting on
Tuesday, October 30, to discuss the Cuban project condemning the
blockade.

In elections where voting is not mandatory, our people have just
given their verdict, with more than 95 percent of the electorate
casting their vote at 37,749 polling stations, in ballot boxes
guarded by school children. That is the example provided by Cuba.

Fidel Castro Ruz

October 22, 2007

5:48 p.m.