[Marxism] The Global Voodoo Doll

Néstor Gorojovsky nmgoro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 07:30:40 MDT 2007

Mehmet's comments are both interesting in part and wrong in other parts.

I will just focus on his last statement, which conveys all that there
is of wrong, IMHO, in what he says. And this does not mean that
everything he says is wrong. But if you say that

> As far as no more Bob Dylan for me, I should make do with
> inferior domestic pop-singers who are as annoying as their American
> counterparts.

Then you must get ready to NEVER having a single good singer of your
own. Protectionism implies such constraints, in order to develop the
whole bloc. It is never funny to wear the first garments a newborn
textile industry produces.  Imperialists ALWAYS stress this point
which, in abstraction of real facts, is completely accurate. But life
has never been guaranteed to be happy forever. Sometimes, someone, has
to pay for the general movement. It is not the best policy to say "not
me, not me". If not me, who?