[Marxism] The class nature of the Chinese state

Mehmet Cagatay mehmetcagatayaydin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 08:32:14 MDT 2007

I am following the recent discussion on imperialism in the list. Even
though I am lack of adequate knowledge about the issue, I would like to
ask a question to lessen my confusion.

According to Lenin,

"(3) The export of capital as distinguished from the export of commodities
acquires exceptional importance; (4) the formation of international
monopoly capitalist associations which share the world among themselves,
and (5) the territorial division of the whole world among the biggest
capitalist powers is completed."

What is giving me a pause is the last phrase. Exportation of finance
capital forges a sort of wealth and gives birth to native bourgeois in the
colony. Then the territorial expansion is performed via colonies, which
results that now the former colonies can behave like imperialists. For
instance, nowadays the biggest investors in northern Iraq are Turkish
firms, often financed by those “international monopoly capitalist
associations”. I had worked as an accountant in a construction company for
two years and most of their creditors are European Banks. My question is
how the relation of dependence functions?

Can we summarize it with a rough dialectical formula like this:

Imperialism creates colonies, colonies become semi-colonies, semi-colonies
operate as bases for the expansion, i.e. they take the responsibility to
be semi-imperialists.

Please forgive my inelegant deduction; I am just trying to find my way
through the complexity of recent discussions.

Thank you,

Mehmet Çagatay
http://weblogmca.blogspot.com/