[Marxism] Al Maund

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 29 10:58:57 MDT 2007

THE INTERNATIONAL was a wonderful novel. I'm trying to recall who
recommended it to me first. If memory serves, it was Frank Lovell.

The novel described the rise of a young trade union organizer from
his first experiences in the labor movement to the edge of his rise
to the presidency of an (unnamed) international union. The book was
marked by a pervasive yet cynicism which struck home with me a long
time before I ever became active in the trade unions.

I did not know he was still alive. Thanks to Hunter Bear for the
sad news of his passing.

Walter Lippmann
Havana, Cuba