[Marxism] LaRouchites imploding?

Jesse Jack jjack99645 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 20:07:36 MDT 2007

On 10/29/07, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> Nowadays, as you say, there's a
> sort of appeal to the left. You see anti-Bush, anti-Cheney slogans at
> their tables. You see things criticizing Joseph Lieberman, things
> against the war and so on. So, it's a little bit puzzling and the
> tendency is to want to say well, they've changed in some way.

I'm a little fuzzy on the history of the LaRouche movement. The first time I
heard about them was on the campus of University of Alaska Anchorage when
the student newspaper proclaimed "Marxist Kicked off Campus". I opened up
the paper, expecting to see that I had been expelled and wondering why it
made the headline (because I was the only Marxist, get it?) and was puzzled
as to why this student who had gotten booted off campus for shoving
conspiracy theory fliers in peoples' faces was referred to as Marxist.

So I guess I just wonder what kind of ties they have with the left, or if
they just defy any logical description, requiring undergrad journalism
students have to characterize them in whatever term they think will raise
the least complaints.

- Jesse Jack
http://redmontana.informe.com