[Marxism] Respect split

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:28:36 MDT 2007

On 10/30/07, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> (bounced from Ernie Tate. HTML formatting?)

This is an outright fabrication.  The SWP has *not* split from Respect, and
the attempt to force us out on the basis of spurious rumours is indicative
of the lack of confidence of those pushing the rumours that their side can
win the argument at the National Conference in a mere matter of weeks.  It
is an attempt at a coup.

Sadly, some people used the Respect's national office to e-mail these
falsehoods to Respect members, and it was quickly followed by a terse and
specific rebuttal.