[Marxism] Seymour/Ayers

Tom Cod tcod at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:46:36 MST 2008

I'm not sure what you're saying Mark, but I think you know better.  What they were "calling for" should be
subordinate in our analysis to what their actions represented objectively.  Obviously the redneck masses, to
the extent they were involved in this, were not calling for the overthrow of capitalism or U.S. imperialism,
anymore than the autoworkers at the battle of the overpass in the 30s were, they were just calling for
U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam or a union shop respectively, not just worthy demands, but demands backed
up with mass power that objectively dealt a blow to the forces of imperialism and class privilege.  As the old saying goes,
"don't talk shit unless ya can back it up."  they and we did.

P.S. that was hundreds of thousands of people in DC and millions nationwide.