[Marxism] Seymour/Ayers

Tom Cod tcod at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:29:15 MST 2008

In that connection as a young high school YSAer at that time, I remember (from the
Militant newspaper anyway) that Paul Boutelle, the african-american former SWP vice presidential candidate
showed up at the 1969 SDS convention with a contingent of SWP-YSAers handing out a
leaflet, "Comrades, Where Were You?" alluding to their ignoring of Mobe mass
actions that were organized that April in NYC and SF with a focus on bringing
anti-war GIs into the movement.  In all fairness to SDS, however, they were still
involved in campus strikes, some of which were still quite formidable like the Feb
1969 Harvard Strike.