[Marxism] not my problem!

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Sun Dec 7 15:09:07 MST 2008

I asked (in reference to a letter to the NY Times by Cliff Conner about the
anti Vietnam war movement and his not mentioning the role of the Vietnamese
resistance)

Can we expect a similar attack on Cliff Conner for his
"progressive  white supremacism"??>>

Bustelo replied -

No.

You obviously don't get it but that's your problem.

reply -

To refresh comrades' memory, a few weeks ago, Bustelo attacked someone as a
"progressive white supremacist" (which, I gather is better than being a
"reactionary white supremacist") for failing to give the Vietnamese their due  for
defeating US imperialism. It's dismaying when a veteran political  person
doesn't attempt to understand that when you are trying to make a  particular
point, IT MIGHT NOT BE EFFECTIVE TO INCLUDE YOUR ENTIRE POLITICAL  PROGRAM.

I learn a lot from most of Bustelo's posts and actually agree to a large
extent with many of his points, but he went way over the line with that
scurrilous racebaiting attack on a longtime anti racist activist. It would've  been
the comradely thing to put his ego aside long enough to acknowledge  his over
zealousness. He didn't get it then and he still doesn't - but that of  course is
his problem.