[Marxism] Please send protest emails -- Malaysia: Bicycle protesters for workers' rights defy police intimidation | Links

glparramatta glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Wed Dec 10 15:24:10 MST 2008

Background at http://links.org.au/node/781

      Send protest letters (email address below)

We would like to urge the international concerned citizens to
continuously send protest letters to the Inspector-General of Police Tan
Sri Musa Hassan to stop intimidation against the cyclists and the
activists in Malaysia.

Sample letter (feel free to vary or write your own:

Email: rmp at rmp.gov.my <mailto:rmp at rmp.gov.my>

Please cc the letter to jerit2002 at gmail.com <mailto:jerit2002 at gmail.com>
and enalini_elumalai at yahoo.com <mailto:enalini_elumalai at yahoo.com>

[Letterhead of your organisation]

Inspector-General of Police
Tan Sri Musa Hassan
Ibu Pejabat Polis Diraja Malaysia,

50560 Bukit Aman,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603 2262 6015
Fax: +603 2272 5613
Email: rmp at rmp.gov.my <mailto:rmp at rmp.gov.my>

*Stop intimidation by the police against the Jerit cyclists and the
activists*

Dear Sir,

We are writing to you, once again, to express our outrage and our
strongest condemnation over your government's ongoing crackdown on
freedom of expression, a fundamental right which is guaranteed under the
Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Federal Constitution of
Malaysia. We demand the Malaysian government to allow the cyclists to
continue cycling and practice their freedom of expression as stated in
Federal Constitution.

We are appalled by your government's and the police's latest actions and
view this as yet another attempt by your government to intimidate
Malaysian citizens from participating in any form of public assembly and
exercising their freedom to express their views.

We further demand that your government stops the assault on freedom of
expression.

We strongly urge you, once again, to stop bringing shame to Malaysia, a
member of the United Nations Human Rights Council. We would like to
remind you that freedom of expression is guaranteed in the Universal
Declaration of Human Rights as well as the Federal Constitution of Malaysia.

Yours sincerely,
[Name]