[Marxism] Auto bailout fails for now in Senate over demands for immediate wage, benefit cuts

Greg McDonald sabocat59 at mac.com
Fri Dec 12 06:42:31 MST 2008

Luko W. writes:

<What are the chances that the workers in the non-unionized car
industry in
the USA start fighting?>

Someone on this list correct me if I'm wrong, but most of the workers
in southern-based auto manufacturing plants located in so-called
"right-to-work"states make almost as much as their union counterparts
in terms of the hourly wage, but they have no health benefits or
pension plans.

In terms of unionization drives there, don't hold your breath.

Greg McDonald