[Marxism] Assistance Needed re Translation of Rosa Luxemburg -- Problem Solved!

Paul Flewers rfls12802 at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 12:00:34 MST 2008

Re my earlier request; I have discovered that the term 'suffragette' was
known in Germany before 1914, so nobody now needs to rush around trying to
find out.

List members may be interested in what I've learnt. Esther Leslie, a Marxist
film expert, informed me that a film Die Suffragette was made in Germany in
1913. It featured the Danish actress Asta Nielsen as a militant British
suffragette who resorted to violent action, placing a bomb in Parliament.
Nielsen starred in various other controversial films, details can be found
at < http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/16/asta.html >.

Paul F