[Marxism] An interesting pick for Obama's Energy S'cty

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Dec 13 12:55:17 MST 2008

On Dec 13, 2008, at 12:53 PM, nada wrote:

> Nobel laureate physicist Steve Chu will serve as Secretary of Energy
> in
> president-elect Barack Obama's administration. His current position is
> director of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
>
>  by Chu:
> http://www.ne.doe.gov/pdfFiles/rpt_SustainableEnergyFuture_Aug2008.pdf

A truly reactionary, disastrous choice.  His program of nuclear
expansion would sequester an enormous mass of economic resources,
starving all efforts to refound global energy production and use on
renewable (solar, aeolian, tidal, geothermal) sources.  And since
"clean coal" was right up there with nuclear in the Oblabla campaign,
we can see that too coming down the pike from the Obama
Administration.  Reality anyone?

Shane Mage