[Marxism] An interesting pick for Obama's Energy S'cty,

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 17:15:34 MST 2008

Shane wrote:

"...His program of nuclear
expansion would sequester an enormous mass of economic resources,
starving all efforts to refound global energy production and use on
renewable (solar, aeolian, tidal, geothermal) sources. And since
"clean coal" was right up there with nuclear in the Oblabla campaign,
we can see that too coming down the pike from the Obama
Administration. Reality anyone?"

Shane, that's probably why I like the guy. He's actually very
multi-faceted with a focus on solar, wind, tidal, geothermal sources as
well as nuclear. He just understands that problem with coal better than
most who discount nuclear, and is prepared to use nuclear to help phase
coal out. I believe he's takes Jim Hansen's dim role on coal (get rid of
it as THE priority) and favors Hensen's solutions. How this will square
with Obama's favorable view of the vapor-ware "Clean Coal" is beyond me,
but which is why I like the choice.

David