[Marxism] Anti-abortion homophobe Rick Warren to deliver invocation at inauguration

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Dec 17 21:34:15 MST 2008

On Dec 17, 2008, at 9:07 PM, Joaquin Bustelo wrote:

> ...I bring this up because of the repeated statements on this list
> that somehow Obama's supporters should be overcoming their illusions
> in him because he named Mrs. Clinton or Ken Salazar or Gates. Or now
> this sky-pilot to pray at his inauguration.
>
> But folks -- THIS IS WHAT HE PROMISED. That he would strive to unite
> the major political factions in the United States. "We are one
> people....Together we will begin the next great chapter...".

But that is not the point of the outrage at the Energy/Interior/
Education/Housing/Agriculture nominations.
Clinton, Gates, Geithner, Summers et.al in the "great" ministries
fulfilled his promise to big capital to establish a union sacrée in
foreign, military, and macroeconomic policy.  So he was free to
include that "major faction," the Dumbocratic Left, in his cabinet, in
the ministries where a radical program effecting real social progress
could be enacted. Instead he did the opposite, choosing "moderates,"
opportunists whose whole record shows their eagerness to bend their
spine before the demands of capital.  But nobody should expect those
cuckolded "Obama Supporters," who pretended to agree with Nader on the
main issues while denouncing him for advocating them, to be
"overcoming their illusions" about the Hero of bipartisan capital.  Oh
yes, he's a mulatto.  But what can anyone expect of him now that they
would be wrong to expect from a Colin Powell?

Shane Mage