[Marxism] Castro offers to exchange dissidents for 'Cuban 5'

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 19 18:23:40 MST 2008

John O´Brien took the AP report as a sufficient basis to
launch his various comments and speculations about what the
Cuban government might or might not be doing or saying on
what the AP wrote. He then launched into various guesses
and questions about what the AP report might have meant.
Then he made statements about what the Cuban government
should or should not do, and so on and on and on.

I think it would have been better to wait for a more
reliable report before rising up to make criticisms of
Raul Castro and the Cuban government.

That was the point of my comments on O´Brien´s post.

For the time being, I have nothing further to say about
the entire matter. As part of the work that I gather and
send a range of materials, some relable, some not, and it
it not part of my practice to comment on every one or to
make declarations about the validity or lack of validity
of each and every one. My opinions are my own, and I´ve
no reason to hide or change them when I make statements.

Another response, from the IRISH Free The Five campaign,
was posted to CubaNews by one of its leaders, and I´m
reproducing it here for readers´ interest.

Facts are facts and speculation is speculation and one
should be clear about the difference between the two.

Walter Lippmann
Havana, Cuba