[Marxism] National Assembly call for March 21 is important positive step

Ron J rjacobs3625 at charter.net
Sat Dec 20 10:28:51 MST 2008

I'm curious about a couple things here.  Why should a person explaining
imperialism not use the word?  That's kind of like explaining sex
without using the names of the anatomical parts involved.  The other
thing is--what is this so-called anti-neocon philosophy that conquered
Counteprunch.  As a regular contributor to Counterpunch, I think that
the site/journal is one of the few left sites that does not act as if
the problem is the neocons and not the rest of the Wall St./Washington
complex.  In fact, while much of the US left was going gaga over Obama
and his neoliberal crusade, Counterpunch was consistently writing about
how his politics were not about change, but about maintaining the
Empire's status quo.  Also, what exactly is a far-left liberal?  My
understanding of those terms has always been that liberals and far left
have little, if nothing, in common.
-ron jacobs