[Marxism] the liberal uproar over Warren

Sukla Sen suklasenp at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 23:27:14 MST 2008

Here is Obama rationalising his "hooking up" with
Warren.

Sukla

I am fierce advocate for equality for gay and --
well, let me start by talking about my own views. I
think it is no secret that I am a fierce advocate for
equality for gay and lesbian Americans. It is
something I have been consistent on and something I
intend to continue to be consistent on during my
presidency.
What I've also said is that it is important for
America to come together even though we may have
disagreements on certain social issues.

And I would note that a couple of years ago I was
invited to Rick Warren's church to speak, despite his
awareness that I held views entirely contrary to his
when it came to gay and lesbian rights, when it came
to issues like abortion.

Nevertheless, I had an opportunity to speak, and that
dialogue, I think, is a part of what my campaign's
been all about, that we're never going to agree on
every single issue. What we have to do is create an
atmosphere where we can disagree without being
disagreeable, and then focus on those things that we
hold in common as Americans. So Rick Warren has been
invited to speak, Dr. Joseph Lowery -- who has deeply
contrasting views to Rick Warren about a whole host of
issues -- is also speaking.
Unquote

http://www.andrewtobias.com/newcolumns/081219.html