[Marxism] Did Keynesianism save Japan? Will it save the US?

David Picón Álvarez david at miradoiro.com
Sun Dec 21 23:23:01 MST 2008

I don't see why Japan, Italy, etc, are considered reproduction failures.
While I am opposed to the Malthusian viewpoints which sometimes come up, if
people don't want to have a growing population, or even a stable one, I
don't see how it is that much of a problem. It's not like humanity is in any
immediate danger of extinction. Also, since per capita resource consumption
is higher in wealthy societies, it seems to me it's not such a bad thing
that those consuming the most have bounded reproduction rates.

--David.