[Marxism] Why Gay Marriage is the Wrong Issue

Adam Richmond adambrichmond at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 17:30:32 MST 2008

When I read articles like this I can see the main logic is something like this, applied to the black civil rights struggle:

Gosh, why would black people want to eat a lunch counter at such a lousy restaurant as a Montgomery Ward.  It's too bad black people aren't fighting for something more like their own organic restaurants.  Only a few black people will ever eat at Montgomery Wards anyway.

These gay critiques of same sex marriage wish gay people were fighting for some other cause, but they aren't.  The line has been drawn on this issue.  And this issue is teaching a whole generation of young people that despite Will and Grace on TV, along with Ellen and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, the social structure of this country is not meeting their expections, nor of their straight friends.

Ostertag is a shill for Obama, obscuring the issue and deflecting the due criticism his administration deserves.  "The whole world seemed to come together"  except that is as fractured as ever before and reality smacked gay people in the face faster than most.

Just wait till the Obama war dead on both sides start piling up. Ostertag and his ilk will be excusing that too.