[Marxism] New Deal

abu hartal abuhartal at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:24:24 MST 2008

I agree with ML that we should embrace the New Dealinsofar as it represents a break with the economictheology of self-regulating markets; we should alsocriticize the maniacal belief that the New Deal interferedwith the natural recovery process. Still I think we have to be clear about why  intervention that represents what is calledeconomic liberty is bound to fail unless there are otherexceptional circumstances