[Marxism] Keanu Reeves [Was: Rahm Emanuel makes the day brighter]

nada dwaltersMIA at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 19:20:06 MST 2008

"Much Ado About Nothing."

Great movie adaptation...wonderful 'set' (some gorgeous villa in Spain
or Sicily). GREAT cast but that you even remember Reeves performance
makes me question you sanity, Jim  :). it was..yeah...wooden, a wooden
Don John. Plus stupid fake whiskers, if I remember correctly. Ugh. Yeah,
Branagh, Thompson, Denzel Washington, Kate Beckinsale, Michael Keaton
(no, really!), who else? A Hollywood ensemble cast that actually worked!

Like "Much Ado.." I like a lot of movies he's in but not always...him.
For example, for conspiracy theory stuff, say, B+, was "Chain Reaction".
He played opposite Rachel Weisz who usually fills up the screen anyway
in any movie she is in and simply made him a fast-moving,
always-being-shot-at appendage to the plot (even though he was center of
it).

Fred's comments might be projecting too much on Reeves but it makes
sense. I'll really never forgive him for making  a movie glorifying
scabbing in the "The Replacements",  however.

David