[Marxism] Keanu Reeves [Was: Rahm Emanuel makes the day brighter]

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Wed Dec 24 19:33:51 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-24 at 18:20 -0800, nada wrote:
> Great movie adaptation...wonderful 'set' (some gorgeous villa in
> Spain
> or Sicily). GREAT cast but that you even remember Reeves performance
> makes me question you sanity, Jim  :).

I remember it because I own the DVD and every so often watch it. Its one
of those films I revisit now and then, like "Man for All Seasons".

The opening sequence is a classic, well described by Vincent Canby in
his review, bounding horses, women scurrying into the baths, glorious
score, magnificent Italian countryside(supposed to be). And a hilarious
comic turn by Michael Keaton as Dogberry.

Escapism writ large.

Jon Flanders