[Marxism] PFLP leader gets 30 years (Happy Christmas from the Occupation forces!)‏

Darren Cogavin darrencogavin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 11:32:17 MST 2008

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine strongly denounced
the appalling lengthy sentence meted out to General Secretary of the
PFLP, Comrade Leader Ahmad Sa'adat, on December 25, 2008, by the
occupation military court at Ofer prison. The occupation court, an
illegitimate institution meant to impose the occupier upon our people,
sentenced Comrade Sa'adat to 30 years inside the Zionist prisons.

The PFLP immediately expressed its anger and its commitment to follow
in the path of Comrade Sa'adat and that our will, strength, and
steadfastness, just like his, will not be broken by the occupier and
its sentences and that we will continue upon his path, of commitment
to our people, of resistance, of struggle until victory, until return
and liberation.

The PFLP statement laid forth the commitment of the Front to struggle
for Comrade Sa'adat and the 11,000 prisoners inside the occupier's
jails, who have always been a key source of steadfastness for our
struggle and of leadership for our people, and stressed that the
occupier has done this in order to attempt to imprison our Front, our
resistance and our people and that we will struggle and reject this
entirely.

Comrade Maher Taher, member of the Political Bureau of the PFLP,
speaking on behalf of the Front in an interview with Al-Jazeera,
emphasized the complicity of the Palestinian Authority in Comrade
Sa'adat's abduction and imprisonment, as he had been held in PA jails
for 4 years at the time, as well as the direct responsibility of the
U.S. and Britain as strategic partners of the occupier, for this crime
against Comrade Sa'adat and our people.

The Front stressed that it will struggle for and achieve the release
of Comrade Sa'adat and all of the 11,000 prisoners held in the Zionist
jails and demanded the PA and all Palestinian, Arab and international
parties act to end this imprisonment and free all of the hostages held
by the occupier.It stressed that the Front will not for one day be
silenced by this monstrous injustice and that Comrade Sa'adat's
leadership inside the prisons will prove just as much a challenge to
the occupier as his leadership outside.

The Abu Ali Mustafa Brigades, the armed wing of the PFLP, stressed
that this sentencing demonstrates once more the fascist and racist
nature of the occupation regime and stated that all of its fighters
are on the highest alert and fully intend to act resolutely to
demonstrate their loyalty to comrade Sa'adat and their dedication to
ensure the liberation of all of the prisoners and all of the
Palestinian people.