[Marxism] Trying for a New, New Deal, and making it work are two different things

Anthony Boynton anthony.boynton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:31:24 MST 2008

I think you missed my point Louis, with all due respect.

My point is that I think Obama will try to craft a New New Deal. I did not
say anything about whether I think he will be successful.

I agree with you that, "The bottom line is that a repeat of the 1930s type
solution to capitalist crisis is pretty much ruled out. "

That does not mean that the new Democratic Party government will not try to
use the New Deal as their model.

Without a working crystal ball it is pretty hard to predict what is going to
happen, but you can get a pretty good idea of what sources of ideas and
inspiration Obama and his new government have to look to for their efforts
to save the system. And the New Deal has to be pretty close to the top of
fountains of inspiration for Democrats intent upon saving the system again.

Anthony