[Marxism] From today's Lenin's Tomb

Greg McDonald sabocat59 at mac.com
Thu Dec 25 15:38:24 MST 2008

 From today's Lenin's Tomb <http://leninology.blogspot.com/>

"Sooner or later, black, Iraqi, Mexican, Indigenous, and Palestinian
children will emerge from dank hotel rooms, sweatshops, bunkers, and
colonial prions. They will link arms and compose the following letter:

'Dear Concerned Liberals: We are humans who do not want to be props
in ungenerous moral formulations. We are margin-dwellers. We are the
dispossessed. We are your familiar strangers. We carry silent
histories on our shoulders. We have tons of behalfs that you would
like to speak on. We are entrapped in gruesome oxymora. We eagerly
await the day when the powerless cease to be indispensably
expendable.'" (Steven Salaita, The Uncultured Wars: Arabs, Muslims
and the Poverty of Liberal Thought, Zed Books, 2008)