[Marxism] The fight in the SWP, conclusion (What kind of party we need)

Craig Brozefsky craig at red-bean.com
Sun Dec 28 19:44:25 MST 2008

Mark Lause wrote:
> I'd suggest that an organization is politically dead when it begins to
> behave in a systematically self-destructive fashion.  That is, doing
> things that minimize the party's audience and appeal.  An organization
> can survive indefinately and probably will, so long as there's one
> person who wants to be a big fish in a small pond.

Oh, ok, so when ML pronounces it as being unpopular because it didn't
chose the candidate he wanted.  But I should also give him credit for
his biting critique of GPUS as a decrepid federation of state parties as
opposed to a direct membership organization at the NATIONAL level.
Surely, this structural problem is insurmountable, and the history which
led to that formation is only a feeble excuse for why HE has to deal
with a bunch of Ohio GP people he doesn't like.

This is an assanine analysis, but what should I expect from marxists who
are so quick to substitute a theoretical simplification in the form of
"Demo-Greens" which allows them an ahistorical, atemporal, analysis of a
national party which is the result of nearly thirty years of development
across the Left of the US.