[Marxism] Cargo 200; My Mexican Shivah

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 29 12:37:09 MST 2008

Movies about the Jewish subculture in Mexico City and the social rot
of the USSR in 1984 would have nothing in common except that both are
worth viewing. "My Mexican Shivah" was directed by Alejandro
Springall, a Mexican with a Jewish grandmother, and produced by John
Sayles, the leftist U.S. film-maker who has worked with Springall
before. "My Mexican Shivah" should be available from Netflix before
long, while Alexei Balabanov's "Cargo 200? opens at the Cinema
Village in NYC on January 2nd.

full: http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/cargo-200-my-mexican-shivah/