[Marxism] New Deal: Racism, and imperialism

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Dec 29 16:20:21 MST 2008

>CB: I'm supporting a President who shows enormous promise for making
>both domestic an foreign US policy better.

Really? I wasn't aware that Nader or McKinney had been elected. Must
have been a massive case of electoral fraud.

>CB: So what ? Your position on FDR is politically incorrect , too.

>You don't think it is reactionary to endorse the Israeli assault on
>Hamas? I guess we have different understandings of what a reactionary
>foreign policy amounts to.
>
>^^^
>CB; Nope. Yes, we have different definitions of "reactionary" for
>sure.  Obama is not a reactionary.

For newcomers to Marxmail, let me try to decipher this bit of CPUSA
cant. A "reactionary" is somebody who belongs to the Republican
Party. A very bad reactionary is a "fascist". Meanwhile, a
"progressive" means somebody who belongs to the Democratic Party,
like Barack Obama or Rahm Emanuel.

>CB: So Obama didn't endorse the Israeli attack on Hamas.

I should add that Charles is an attorney by trade and is as skilled
as Bill Clinton in the fine art of parsing:

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if
he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one
thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true
statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having
any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a
question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would
have been completely true."