[Marxism] One State Solution Gains Supporters

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Tue Dec 30 05:40:41 MST 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:43:57 +0100, Johannes Schneider wrote:

> Hm, I have my doubts whether to call Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece,
India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen
"democratic forces" in 1947. Perhaps India could fall into this category.

> From Wikipedia:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_UN_Partition_Plan

  Hey, you found the information better than I did.

  Well, democratic in the sense of the internal regime or the vast dictatorship
over hundreds of millions of colonial slaves was none of the states sitting in
the UN General Assembly.

  But at least 13 of those stood for democracy in West Asia, against the
continuation of the colonial rule by a racist colonial settler state and the
partitioning of a country against the will of its people.

  That is, they stood for democracy.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany