[Marxism] [French] Les calculs sordides et meurtriers de Tel-Aviv

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Tue Dec 30 16:22:11 MST 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:06:35 -0300, Nestor Gorojovsky wrote:

  Thanks for sending this commentary by Pierre Barbancey from L'Humanité

> <http://www.humanite.fr/Les-calculs-sordides-et-meurtriers-de-Tel-Aviv>

  Well, but I don't see it so pessimistic as Barbancey apparently sees it, like
in this paragraph:

> Ce faisant, Israël enterre un peu plus le mouvement national
> palestinien. Les manifestations se multiplient en Cisjordanie contre
> le massacre perpétré à Gaza et contre les conditions de vie inhumaines
> qui s'aggravent chaque jour un peu plus. Un ressentiment qui s'exprime
> principalement contre l'occupant mais qui pourrait bien emporter
> Mahmoud Abbas, le toujours président de l'Autorité palestinienne, dont
> les déclarations laissent perplexes et qui semble de plus en plus
> affaibli au sein des Palestiniens comme sur la scène internationale.

  I don't think that the colonial settler state can actually destroy the national
movement of the Arab Palestinians.

  The leaders of the Israeli colonialists may think that they can get away with
it, and think that the managed to destroy the PLO by turning their leaders into
Quislings of the occupation, but I think the events actually show that the
dream of Yabotinsky that enough brutal military force will push the victims of
colonisation into submission and into accepting their fate of having lost their
homeland is a pipe-dream, never to be fulfilled.

  I just saw on Aljazeera (strongly recommended) a three-part debate with
Mustafa Bargouti, a Betty Hunter from a British solidarity committee with
Palestine, and a Dan Schaeftan from Tel Aviv or Haifa. The latter was really
like the typical arrogant British colonial officer or a copy of Hitler's
propaganday chief Goebbels, the incarnation of lying.

  This Schaeftan declared in essence that Israel alway got away with
afflicting utmost violence on the Palestinians, and that therefore they will
continue for eternity to get away with inflicting even more violence, bombing
the Palestinian Arabs into submission.

  But the fact that they have to deal even with people like Abbas and have to
confront a -- today -- more militant party like Hamas is a proof that their
brutal regime of oppression does not work. They could not quell the Intifada,
and had to admit the PLO into the territories under occupation regime. The
fact that they see themselves compelled to wage this destructive bombing
campaign against the Gaza Palestinians, shows that they realize that their
rule is not accepted without resistance.

  And even if they managed to reduce the PLO leadership to a miserable
show of submissiveness, it is not a big success. This happend in the decade
of the 1990ies, where the imperialist triumphalism could fool the world into
thinking that capitalist exploitation had won once and for all and that nobody
in the exploited classes and oppressed nations had a chance except to crawl
and accept the orders from Washington and their "international community".

  But the world is still changing, as we can see in Latin America, in the
increasing resistance against the occupation in Afghanistan, and also -- hold
your breath -- in the election of the very first Black into the White House of
the Empire.

  I don't know what effects the beginning deep economic crises will have, if it
creates resistance right away, or a wave of struggles when a relaunch of
economic activity encourages the working people to demand their rights, but I
am shure that it will not be an easy ride for the rulers of this world.

  We will have our chance and we should be prepared.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany