2008 movies–a consumer’s guide

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Dec 31 13:09:45 MST 2008

These are capsule reviews of DVD's I received from publicists in
connection with the NYFCO awards meeting that took place earlier this
month. They exclude four movies that I found outstanding and have
reviewed at length:

Frost/Nixon

Revolutionary Road

Slumdog Millionaire

Wendy and Lucy

Also are excluded are a batch of movies from Magnolia Productions
that ranged from very good to outstanding. They are reviewed as a group here.

I have divided the movies into two main groups, watchable and
unwatchable. For those who question my right to condemn a movie
without sitting through to the conclusion, I can only say that I
don't do this for a living. If I were paid to sit through Clint
Eastwood's latest piece of crap, it would be another story entirely.
Also, I exercise the same type of judgment when it comes to other art
forms. I don't have to listen to an entire Kenny G. tune to know that
I am listening to garbage, etc. Some of the movies are now playing in
movie theaters everywhere, others are already available on Netflix. I
will so indicate.

full:
http://louisproyect.wordpress.com/2008/12/31/2008-movies-a-consumers-guide/