[Marxism] Stating obvious, SADC says Zimbabwe vote not will of people

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 01:41:55 MDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:09 AM,  <Jscotlive at aol.com> wrote:

> Yes, Mugabe
> has decided to  remain in power regardless of the cost to the vast majority
> of the people of his  country, and yes he has lost legitimacy as a result, but
> that in no way  diminished the fact that this crisis has its roots in
> structural  readjustment emanating from Washington DC through the agency of the IMF
> and  World Bank.

But we can't do anything much right now about the IMF/WB/USA, while
with a concerted effort Mugabe could conceivably be ousted NOW and
someone even a little better could conceivably replace him. That would
save *some* Zimbabwean lives and alleviate *some* suffering.

Artesian's incredible suggestion that the UN shouldn't be permitted to
do anything in Zim just because the UN doesn't do anything about US or
Israeli crimes, seems to me to be a classic case of cutting off the
nose to spite the face. It also bespeaks a horrible disdain about the
value of Zimbabwean lives, and about the benefit of saving at least a
few of these needless deaths. No wonder third-word common people often
don't trust Western leftists.