[Marxism] MDC weaknesses

james daly james.irldaly at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 2 09:53:04 MDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Proyect" <lnp3 at panix.com>
To: "James Daly" <james.irldaly at ntlworld.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Marxism] MDC weaknesses

:> http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/2008/1006.html

Louis Proyect wrote:

Odd that James Daly--a sharp critic of Sinn Fein--would get suckered by
an article that begins with a quote by the Gerry Adams of South Africa.

*****************

I was not "suckered" (ad hominem?) by the article. It was not about Mbeki's
record in South Africa, nor about Mugabe's in Zimbabwe. It was about the
true perception, I think, that the kind of regime overthrow in Zimbabwe, by
force and by well rehearsed and ongoing destabilisation campaigns paid for
by the US and its Foundations, which we have seen in Georgia, Yugoslavia and
elsewhere would enormously strengthen the forces of imperialism throughout
the world. It is the only kind of regime overthrow which is being planned
there, and will involve the imperialist grabbing ("privatisation") of all
the nation's resources.

While it and the regime overthrow in Iran are being prepared, I cannot
understand how a Marxism list is welcoming only to criticisms of the
regimes, often paid for by the aforementioned funds.