[Marxism] Fissures in ruling circles over Iran

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:28:43 MDT 2008

"Backers of the White House's course contend that the increasingly
divergent voices coming out of Tehran are thanks, in part, to continued
U.S. pressure and the prospect of an Israeli attack."

Are there differences in the Iranian leadership over tactics? I'm sure there
are. Are there "increasingly divergent voices coming out of Tehran"? I'd need to
see a LOT more evidence than the scant to non-existent support present in this
article to prove that allegation.

Ali Larijani, the Speaker of the Parliament and former top nucear negotiator, is
frequently referred to as the "moderate" who might succeed Ahmadinejad. Here's a
selection of his recent pronouncements; see if you can detect any "divergence"
from Ahmadinejad in them. I can't.

http://www.presstv.ir/search.aspx?q=larijani