[Marxism] Obama backtrack of the day

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:37:38 MDT 2008

Now it's become a backtrack on the backtrack.

Here's from the article Louis posted:

“My 16-month timeline, if you examine everything that I’ve said, was
always premised on making sure that our troops were safe."

Now here's what AP is reporting he's saying (although, to be fair, only a
portion of this is a direct quote):

http://www.miamiherald.com/campaign08/story/592972.html

"He said what he learns from military commanders on his upcoming trip to Iraq
will refine his policy but 'not the 16-month timetable' for withdrawing U.S.
troops from combat in Iraq. He said what he learns could affect how many
residual troops might be needed to train the Iraqi army and police."

Make up your mind, fella! Either the "16-month timeline" is firm, or it isn't.