[Marxism] Lenin's Tomb on Marxism 2008

Ruthless Critic of All that Exists ok.president+marxml at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 10:08:51 MDT 2008

>From the Lenin's Tomb blog:

June 30, 2008

<http://leninology.blogspot.com/2008/06/marxism-2008.html>

Come along to Marxism, why not? It's starting this Thursday and
spreads out lavishly over the weekend like a louche Waugh-esque
bohemian. I will be speaking on 'Liberal Imperialism: from the Boers
to Basra' which, as you might expect, covers some of the material in
my fabulous upcoming book. As the book takes a strongly historical
approach to the topic, I will be adding much more commentary on recent
topics such as Darfur etc, updating the material on Iraq, and
explaining why Christopher Hitchens drinks enough alcohol to strip the
paint off the White House on a daily basis. I also intend to leave out
the best stuff from the book, so you still have to buy it. Blogging
comrade Hossam el-Hamalawy will also be speaking, both on the opening
platform and on the strike wave in Egypt. Tariq Ali, Nick Davies, Gary
Younge, Paul Gilroy, Moazzam Begg, John Bellamy Foster, Tony Benn,
Steve Bell, Larry Elliott of the Guardian, David Hilliard of the Black
Panthers, and others will also be there. If you want to get hardcore
argument on the recession, the environment, Labour, the trade unions,
racism and the 'war on terror', Marxism is the place to be. And don't
give me that "I'm doing other stuff/I'm in hospital/I'm in another
country" bollocks. Be there, or I shall have to use the rubber
truncheon.

<http://leninology.blogspot.com/2008/06/marxism-2008.html>