[Marxism] MDC weaknesses

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sat Jul 5 03:00:46 MDT 2008

Guten Tag Louis Proyect,

am Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2008 um 16:52 schrieben Sie:

> If I come across anybody who is siding with imperialism against Mugabe,
> I will be sure to beat him or her around the head and shoulders.

  So do that to Morgan Tsvangirai.

  Saying that the real issue for Zimbabwe is not defending the
  nation's sovereignty against foreign intervention, but the conflict
  between the various political currents in that country, and that the
  call to imperialism to intervene in that struggle, imposing a
  government to their former colony, opens the slippery slope of
  siding with imperialism against not Mugabe, but against the whole
  nation and its independence.

  I cited the examples of those "internationalists" like Joschka
  Fischer and Bernard Kouchner. Hasn't your preferred enemy,
  Christopher Hitchens, gone the same way? From "acting on behalf" of
  the downtrodden in the colonies against their richer and more
  powerful co-nationals, to the league with the imperialist powers who
  have the real power to intervene and impose their "humanitarian
  wars" on the unwashed masses of this earth. Yugoslavia, Iraq,
  Somalia, and Afghanistan ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Lüko Willms
mailto:lueko.willms at t-online.de