[Marxism] work - ability - needs

S. Artesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 13:44:01 MDT 2008

But that's the whole point: wages are not and can't be based on creating
"real wealth."  Wages are based on exchange value and that's not "real
wealth," that's a class-specific wealth.  You cannot have communism, where
wealth is directly social, determined by social consciousness,  and
wage-labor.  You can have wage-labor as a revolution consolidates itself;
you can have wages  as an interim measure.  But you cannot have a wage
system creating "real wealth,"  when in fact, "real wealth" will be
determined in and by the world markets.