[Marxism] From Cliff Conner

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sat Jul 5 18:02:46 MDT 2008

Hi folks,

	I wanted to let you know, in case you don't already, about the
publication of a new book that I thought you might be interested in.
"The Sweetest Dream" is a novel--actually, a memoir with a little
fictional overlay--about a young woman in the 1930s who joins the
Young Communist League but soon awakens to the crimes of Stalinism and
joins the Trotskyist movement. Eventually she winds up in Mexico in
the Trotsky milieu.

	The author, Lillian Pollak, was herself in Mexico back then, hanging
out with Trotsky, Natalia, Frida Kahlo, et al. Lillian is now 93 and
is still an activist. She's a "Raging Granny" who raises all kinds of
hell at Army recruiting stations, etc.

	I'm reviewing the book and will send you the review when I finish it,
but I wanted to go ahead and recommend it now. It's a good read! If
you are so inclined, you can get it on Amazon.com or you can go to the
closest bookstore and have them order it for you. (The full title is
"The Sweetest Dream: Love, Lies and Assassination," and the publisher
is iUniverse.)

	Cliff