[Marxism] Cynthia McKinney names her VP candidate

Mark Lause markalause at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 21:58:35 MDT 2008

She sounds like a good pick on several levels.

I don't know that any of is going to have any lasting meaning for the
Greens.  Although we have no local McKinney campaign, the coalition
around her candidacy elsewhere seem to be people with little or no
real roots among the Greens.  And a lot of the former Greens involved
(again) around the Nader campaign have washed their hands of the GPUS.

If all goes well, we should get some new national political structures
emerging from 2008, hopefully more democratic ones less prone to
manipulation by would be power-brokers, as has been the case with the
GPUS.

ML