[Marxism] Rosa Clemente accepts Cyntha McKinney's invitation

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 10:20:33 MDT 2008

Illinois Sen. Barack Obama is running to the right
at an unseemly pace, so Cynthia McKinney's campaign
should begin to pick up some attention and a bit of
momentum among forces Obama's political left.

Senator Obama obviously feels he has nothing
to gain, or even to maintain, with any sort of
maintenance of an alternative posture, so he's
doing what's considered to be the normal and
the traditional thing in capitalist politics.

Most Blacks in the U.S., I expect, assume that he
is doing what is normal for politicians to do so
most won't object to this, just as they figured
the same thing with his ditching of Rev. Wright.

In this situation, the link posted by Louis can
be understood as something Obama would, of course,
appreciate as being fully in tandem with his attack
on Rev. Wright. They're his way of showing to those
who care about such things to whom his loyalty is.

LOUIS PROYECT posted this:
http://lists.econ.utah.edu/pipermail/marxism/2008-July/031407.html

Walter Lippmann
happily back at home in
Los Angeles, California

ROSA CLEMENTE ACCEPTS INVITATION
TO RUN WITH CYNTHIA MCKINNEY/GREEN PARTY

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE JULY 9th, 2008

Today Rosa A. Clemente released the following statement:

"I am honored and excited to accept this invitation to run with
Cynthia McKinney. Cynthia McKinney is a hero to me and many others
across this country and around the world for her courage in standing
up to George Bush while the Democratic Party establishment caved.

"This campaign is the opportunity the Hip-Hop generation has been
working for. This is our time to address the issues affecting our
communities – rising unemployment, the high cost of food and housing,
a lack of quality public education and access to higher education,
the prison-industrial complex, and unaccountable corporate media.
These issues are not being addressed by either the Republican or
Democratic nominee.

"I choose to do this, not for me, but for my generation, my community
and my daughter. I don't see the Green Party as an alternative; I see
it as an imperative. I trust that my Vice Presidential run will
inspire all people, but especially young people of color, to
recognize that we have more then two choices. Together, we can build
the future we've been wanting."

Hip-hop artist M1 says, "I've never voted in the Presidential
election; I've never felt strongly enough about a candidate to.
Knowing that Rosa Clemente is down with Cynthia McKinney's run, I
feel that now is the greatest opportunity for the Hip-Hop community
to put our collective strength and power to the test and vote for
someone who represents who we are and what we stand for."

For more info visit:

www.rosaclemente.com

www.runcynthiarun.org

To schedule an interview, call 202-584-1021
or email press-secretary at runcynthiarun.org

To book Rosa A. Clemente for an event, call 347-534-2994.

     "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"