[Marxism] act weak to avoid being seen as weak - Dems cave on 4th Amendment

Dbachmozart at aol.com Dbachmozart at aol.com
Thu Jul 10 20:24:07 MDT 2008

Recall that James Comey _testified last year_
(http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2007/05/16/nsa_comey/)  that what he and other DOJ  officials learned
in 2004 about Bush's spying activities for the several years  prior was so
extreme, so unconscionable, so patently illegal that they all --  including even
John Ashcroft -- threatened to resign en masse unless it  stopped
immediately. We still have no idea what those spying activities  were. We know, though,
that even the right-wing DOJ ideologues who approved  of the illegal "Terrorist
Surveillance Programs"

that we know about  found those activities indisputably illegal and wrong.
But Barack Obama and the  Democratic-led Congress will today enact a bill to
immunize all of that, to  protect the lawbreakers who were responsible.

< _http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/07/09/fisa_vote/index.html_
(http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/07/09/fisa_vote/index.html) >

 <_http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/07/09/fisa/index.html_
(http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2008/07/09/fisa/index.html) >

<_http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/election_2008/2008/07/10/obama_fisa/index
.html_
(http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/election_2008/2008/07/10/obama_fisa/index.html) >

“We have it in our power to begin the world  over again” –Thomas Paine